Welcome to the 2022 Picture Coding Symposium
The program will now feature enhanced catering, including lunch each day (buffets on Wednesday and Thursday and a boxed lunch during the workshop on Friday); receptions on Wednesday and Thursday, with beverages and hors d'oeuvres, and a full buffet dinner on Thursday evening immediately following the reception. All registrants are invited to attend. Please note that vegetarian options will be available during each meal. Receptions each evening begin at 18:00 (6:00pm) at the close of each day's session.
|Submissions of Special Session Proposals||31 May 2022|
|Special Session Acceptance Notification||10 June 2022|
|Paper Submission||15 July 2022|
|Notification of Paper Acceptance||15 September 2022|
|Submission of Camera-Ready Papers||30 September 2022|
|Author Registration Deadline||31 October 2022|
The Picture Coding Symposium (PCS) is an international forum devoted to advances in visual data coding. Established in 1969, it has the longest history of any conference in this area. The 36th event in the series, PCS 2022 will convene in San Jose, California, USA, the heart of Silicon Valley and the cultural and technological epicenter of Northern California.
PCS 2022 invites you to submit work that pushes the boundaries of image and video coding. The following list contains some examples, but it is not an exhaustive list:
- Image and video coding
- Model-based and synthetic coding
- Screen content coding
- Multimodal coding and processing
- Learning-based image and video coding
- Compressed-domain image/video analysis
- Datasets for learning-based visual coding and analysis
- Image and video coding for machines
- Multi-task image and video coding
- Virtual, augmented, and mixed reality coding
- 360° and multi-view video processing and coding
- Point cloud processing and coding
- Light field processing and coding
- Immersive and volumetric video
- Representation, analysis and coding of 3D scenes
- Emerging standards for visual data coding
- Objective and subjective quality assessment
- Transcoding and adaptive streaming
- Optimized streaming methods
- Real-time video communications
- Error robustness, resilience and concealment
- Low complexity video compression
- Network-, edge- and cloud-based coding
- Energy management in compression
- Hardware architectures
- Protection and integrity of visual data
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers for the Symposium, in English, using the template provided, with a font size of 10 pt and maximum length of five (5) pages including all results, figures and references. Submissions will be accepted only in PDF. Online submission will be available through the symposium web site. We will be submitting the proceedings for publication to IEEEXplore, Scopus and EI indexed.
Note: The conference is currently still preparing for a physical event. In this case paper author-presenters are expected to attend the event unless personal, corporate, or national restrictions apply.
Should it be necessary to run the conference as an on-line or hybrid event, authors will be requested to submit recorded videos of their presentations.